Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Diversion: wings


After not eating a single morsel of turkey for Thanksgiving, I think that avian karma subconsciously led me to several bird habitats this week. The annual snow geese migration attracted Eric and I to the Reifel Bird Sanctuary in Ladner and we were audience to numerous Sandhill cranes, American coots, Northern pintails and an army of Mallard ducks.


Then, my friend Fionna and I headed out on a chilly Sunday morning in search of fall colours to photograph but I found birds instead.


Speaking of birds, my sister is nesting once again after a stork delivered my newest niece into the world on my birthday last Wednesday! Happy Birthday Hayley (aka Bean)!

2 comments:

Lizzy said...

Found your blog looking for AppleFest info. I love the shot of the three lady mallards with the one male following them!

Anonymous said...

Hi Cuz:
Great pictures :)
Sorry that we miss you on Thanksgiving. It was nice seeing your Mom and Dad.
Talk to you soon,
Cuz Lila