Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Snack time

Oyster Man smoked oysters, an addiction
Forget chocolate, forget sugar. Give me the most delicious smoked oysters, straight from beautiful Cortes Island, British Columbia, any time any where. These Oyster Man's gourmet smoked oysters are plump, luscious and smokey, not overly salty nor drenched in oil. After purchasing an entire case directly from the Oyster Man himself last fall, I had to purposely hide them on a very high shelf in the kitchen in order to prevent myself from easy access and immediate consumption. Just taking a snack break on a rainy afternoon between the third and fourth turns of my pâte feuilletée (puff pastry). I have been inspired by these buttery yellow daffodils this week...

Daffodils from Canadian Cancer Society

2 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Such stunning daffodils!!

Lisa is Bossy said...

Just came across your blog and LOVE it! I'm always so inspired by folks who move from the total "what my parents wanted me to do" kind of job to one they feel passion about. Makes me dream... :)